Issue on converting MathML to LaTeX using third party parser for XSLT2.0

From: saf sied <saf_itpro@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 00:59:04 +0000 (UTC)
To: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
 I am using a stylesheet from Dr. Carlisle mentioned here: http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/85639/i-want-to-convert-mathml-to-latex
When I use the Saxon-HE 9.6, both the Java and .NET version of the Saxon give me the following output for the xml file shown below. The output does not look right - is it because of the version of Saxon I am using? Has anyone used Saxon-HE on the stylesheet mentioned above and got the correct LaTeX? Is there anything else I may be missing? I've latest versions of Java and .NET installed on my windows 8.1 machine.
Output:\[\let\par\empty
{\msup{a}{{2}}}
\]
Source:<?xml version="1.0"?>