Re: mtable content

On 16/01/2013 05:40, Gurpreet Kaur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had one query regarding the mtable content. I have a test page with
>  content as below.
>
> <math> <mtable rowlines="solid" frame="solid" columnlines="solid">
> </math>
>
> In this since there are no <mtd> what would be expected behaviour?
> Will all mn be treated as content of different cell i.e should have 3
> cells or just one dummy cell should be inserted and all mn become
> children of the same cell.
>
> Regards, Gurpreet

This form (which comes from MathML 1.0) has been deprecated since MathML
2 and is considered invalid by the MathML3 schema however
the recovery is to treat each child of mtr that is not mtd as if it is
wrapped in am mtd.

So rejecting the document as invalid or or tretaing it as a 3 column
table would both be acceptable behaviours.

section 3.5.1.1 says

> Inside of the mtable element, only mtr or mlabeledtr elements may
> appear. (In MathML 1.x, the mtable was allowed to ‘infer’ mtr
> elements around its arguments, and the mtr element could infer mtd
> elements. This behaviour is deprecated.)

David