Re: Wanted: MathML examples for use testing of MathML to speech

On 09/29/2011 11:42 AM, J.Fine wrote:
> Hello Bruce
>
> I am a programmer.  I want deal with formulas and other data wholesale, not retail.  When it's not easy to download the formulas, and when there is in any case no clear license that allows me to use them in open source software as test data, then it's not a route I want to go down.
>
> If dlmf.nist.gov is willing to make the MathML formulas avaiable in a form I can use, I will happily use them, and thank you also.  But otherwise, no.

Ah, I hadn't realized you wanted _all_ the formula
and wanted to redistribute them.... might be a bit different.

> By the way, I think Abramowitz and Stegun is a great book.  Not special functions as someone (Richard Askey?) said, but useful functions.

Thanks; hope you like the new book/site as well.

Bill Hammond asked for clarification lest folks
look like they're probing or hacking the site.
(Hi Bill!)
Basically, the server is just trying to do the
"Right Thing" and send MathML if it can be used.
(The user may not even know).

The easiest thing is to just use an agent string
that matches what firefox sends.

That said, you'd still be better off downloading the
Proper pmml for each equation, as below.  The MathML
embedded in the pages is often aligned across several
equations and other such nonsense.  Better to look
at, but not so clean for other purposes, like Jonathan's.