Re: Converting MathML to text (and TeX/LaTeX)

My company, Design Science, makes MathPlayer which does the conversion of
speech to text and integrates with screen readers and other assistive
technology.  The next version does that for at least 12 different
languages.  It can also handle regional variations (eg, en-uk vs en-us), but
we haven't done that even though that is obviously much less work than doing
a full language translation.  MathPlayer also offers flexibility in the
speech generated so that someone with a learning disability doesn't have to
listen to the disambiguation needed for those who are blind.

We do offer MathFlow SDK, a separate product that can take MathML or a whole
XHTML document in and return a text string to speak or set the alttext
value.  Unlike MathPlayer, MathFlow SDK is not free though.  If you want
more info on MathFlow, please visit
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathflow/mf_eval.htm

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~