Re: mathcolor/mathbackground on <math/> and <semantics/> elements?

I completely concur with David.

The first version of Firefox's handling of MathML didn't handle semantics,
and this was a big problem for a lot of MathML that was generated.  Other
implementations also skipped it because <semantics> was listed in chapter 4
-- content MathML.  We have tried to make it much clearer that the semantics
elements should be considered part of both presentation and content MathML,
and that a renderer that deals with only one side of MathML should handle
semantics to at least the extent it makes sense for that side of MathML.

To be a bit perverse, if <semantics> accepted mathcolor/background, then
someone could complain that it shouldn't because it is part of content
MathML, and the section you quoted doesn't say it should be part of content
MathML.

    Neil