De: Neil Soiffer [mailto:neil.soiffer@gmail.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 12 de noviembre de 2009 16:40
Para: David Carlisle
CC: Daniel Marquès Solé; smwatt@gmail.com; www-math@w3.org
Asunto: Re: How do you divide?

Yes, David is correct, but here's the correct markup (it's even simpler):

<mlongdiv longdivstyle="shortstackedrightright">
 <mn> 435,3</mn>
 <mn> 3 </mn>
 <mn> 1306</mn>
 <msgroup position="1" shift="-1">
     <mn> 10</mn>
     <mn> 16</mn>
     <mn> 1</mn>
 </msgroup>
</mlongdiv>

    Neil
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:36 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk<mailto:davidc@nag.co.uk>> wrote:

>  The whole list is automatically doubled if you omit the step of
> writing the "auxiliary products". For example, in Spain we do not use to
> write them. See attached image. So maybe it should be a way to specify that.

Actually the mathml doesn't have any special markup for the stack of
calculation so you can I think just use shortstackedrightright
but omit the rows of the mlongdiv with mn corresponding to the products
and the mlines to get the layout that you show.

so something like

<mlongdiv longdivstyle="shortstackedrightright">
 <mn> 435,3</mn>
 <mn> 3 </mn>
 <mn> 1306</mn>
 <msgroup position="2" shift="-1">
   <msgroup>
     <mn> 10</mn>
   </msgroup>
   <msgroup>
     <mn> 16</mn>
     <mn> 1,0</mn>
   </msgroup>
   <msgroup position='-1'>
     <mn> 1</mn>
   </msgroup>
 </msgroup>
</mlongdiv>

(untested as I haven't got an implementation of this yet)

David