From: www-math-request@w3.org [www-math-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Neil Soiffer [Neils@dessci.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:13 PM
To: www-math@w3.org
Subject: [MathML3-last-call] dir listed twice for math element in schema

Note:  this is a (real life) example of a bug report for MathML last call.  Everyone, including working group members, will be submitting comments, bug reports, etc., to this mailing list.  Please make sure to get the subject line syntax right.  Since the spec has been frozen for a week, you'll probably see a number of comments from working groups members here in the next few days.  As we've been working through implementations, generating tests, etc., we've accumulated some bug reports.

Onto the report...

The math element explicitly lists "dir" as an attribute.  However, the math element also accepts everything accepted by mstyle.  Because mstyle also lists 'dir', 'dir' is effectively listed twice in the schema for the math element.  I think the explicit listing on the math element should be removed.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com<http://www.dessci.com>
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, WebEQ, Equation Editor ~