RE: MathML browser test page

Hello Christoph,

    You are welcome.

    Test 3 was hard to do. I could not get it to look as good as I
wanted.
The TeX code was much harder than the MathML code to get to work
properly.

   I have tried the web-page using MathPlayer on a PC and,
while the fonts are ugly, at least most of the formulas displayed
correctly.
   Opera fails miserably because it does not understand most named
characters
(i.e that ∑ stands for Unicode character ∑ (the summation
character))
   Amaya displays some formulas OK, but since it lacks the ability to
load images
over secure http (i.e. https) (it lacks the ability to do secure
"gets"),
I gave up on it.

    I have noticed even with the same fonts, Firefox 3.5 will display
MathML
formulas with slight differences when different operating systems are
used.
That could explain the differences you found.

   I use Mac OS X for all the screen-shots because the formulas look
better
with this OS than with a PC.  I have not tried using a GNU/Linux system
display this web-page.

   Hope that helps,

       Joe