Re: MathML Problems

You can write MathML by hand, but MathML was not designed to be hand
authored -- it is very verbose.  Using TeX or a WYIWYG editor is the way to
go.  Most math tools these days can output MathML.

Since self-promotion came up, you can download MathType (windows or mac) for
a free 30-day trial from www.dessci.com.  Set the translator to MathML and
just do a copy and then paste it into whatever text editor you are using to
edit the XHTML. It really needs to be XHTML, not HTML -- mainly that means
getting stuff right in the headers and make sure you have start/end tags.

If you have Word, or for that matter, OpenOffice, you can save yourself alot
of trouble and just use those programs to generate the entire web page with
MathML in it.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, WebEQ, Equation
Editor ~