Re: The problems with namespaces in text/html (Was: MathML-in-HTML5)

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com wrote:

> > I've seen hundreds of thousands of occurances of bogus meaningless
> > things like this:

> > ...as well as many thousands of pages with xmlns="" values pointing to
> > their own sites (as opposed to any sort of half-sensible namespace).
>
> Your above <br> example, i would call that misuse, rather than use, of
> the xmlns.

Oh it's clearly a misuse (it's non-conformant); but, it's there.

> Then now Mozilla is moving to Math(T)ml into HTML 5 but what about XML?

I do not believe any of the people proposing that HTML should include some
variant of Math markup are suggesting that MathML in XML should in any way
be changed.

> P.S: You have said too many times that you could not implement original
> CCS-Math draft not MathML into HTML 5 because technical motives with the
> browser. You now add:
>
> > I've worked with one browser vendor who tried implementing this
> > namespace thing before, and had to back out because it broke real
> > content in pretty fundamental ways.)
>
> I recommend you a change in your

Your e-mail seemed incomplete.