RE: MathML-in-HTML5

While backward compatibility across versions of MathML is obviously
desirable, I believe that the creators of future versions of MathML will
feel free to change the definition of something, deprecate it, or remove
it in the new version. Backward compatibility can and should be provided
in the MathML renderer but it can only do so if it can identify the
version of the MathML content it is processing.

Paul