Re: *.xhtml filenames, mimetypes and and mathML problem

Many thanks to those that replied so quickly.

I am quite sure that my pages were not being searched by google.
I was using definitely using "application/xhtml+xml" earlier, so
I presume google doesn't like this mime type.

As a temporary measure I have changed the mime type for "xhtml"
on my system to "text/xml" (which is what David's set-up uses) to see
what happens.

But I note that there is a *different* problem with google and David's pages:
The google listing shows them as:
    File Format: Unrecognized - View as HTML
To many people that might look like a dire warning that you have to
click on the "View as HTML" link rather than the link for the nasty
unrecognised format.  In fact the opposite is true and "View as HTML"
gives gibberish.  Oh dear....

I obviously need to look into content-negotiation.  I'm not an expert
in configuring apache (and I have quite an old apache here) so i don't
want to launch into experiments on these rather important pages that
do need to be accessible at all times.  I'll do some experiments on some
non-critical pages first.

Richard