Re: Semantic information for math representations of physics

It seems to me that what you are offering supports
translation into available numerical library calls.
The problem I am facing is that physicists often "roll
their own" numerical methods - and for good reason.
General purpose methods, say for example a Runge-Kutta
integrator, works well for general use. When high
performance is required, however, an integrator
specific to the equation of interest will generally
work more efficiently. This latter case happens all of
the time. Don't get me wrong: physicists use the
general purpose libraries all of the time, also. But
support for documenting the translation of
mathematical descriptions to discrete representations
is required for both cases.

Regards,
Joe Collins
Naval Research Lab