Re: Semantic information for math representations of physics

Dear Joe,

I have been at a talk which describes a movement that seems to go in
the direction you wish.

The markup being considered is something which definitely goes beyond
the current MathML-content or OpenMath, although it could, I presume,
all be all expressed using symbols in these languages.
Among others, the qualifications of observables and units was
considered.

The talk was at the Hermes workshop last year and was given by Thomas
Severiens. Slides can be found from the workshop page:
      http://www.aei.mpg.de/hermes/w20041026/

paul