Re: please help me!!!!

At 04:23 9/9/2004 -0400, Bruce Miller wrote:

>>My other problem is brackets - even where we have brackets
>>within brackets, we'd like to just use <mo>(</mo> etc - is
>>that OK? We tried <mfence> but we did not get to see the
>>brackets, so didn't like it???
>
>By "see" you mean in the xml source, as opposed to in some
>browser? There're reasons to both love & hate mfenced.  It
>seems to sit halfway between "Content" and "Presentation", and
>it gives a headache to a CSS approach to presenting the
>math.... But, really the answer is: Whichever you prefer.

Yes, but it's also possible Liddy's group didn't see the
brackets if they spelled the element name without the d (as
above). It's <mfenced>, not <mfence>.

Bob Mathews
Director of Training
http://www.dessci.com/
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide