Re: textual math dtd ?

I think the problem is to define the purposes: for example if one wants
to have really re-usable documents (e.g. that will still be presentable
long term, or that can offer machine processing, or... that offers
copy-and-paste of math formulae), one needs to strive for semantics.

This is typically much harder to input as a presentation-encoded
documents (e.g. (x)HTML, presentation MathML, LaTeX) where the only
goal is "what you see".

Maybe we should brainstorm on how to best express such a thing as :

(e.g. should this "define a symbol" ?)
(e.g. can this simply be encoded as metadata on a presentation-encoded
snippet?)
(e.g. are there different definition types ?)
(e.g. can such a definition be understood and used by a machine ? For
some things, not real numbers, rather "cosh", it makes a lot of sense.)
(e.g. should this support different presentation modes ?)
(e.g. do we want to navigate from this definition to its "usages" ?)
(.....)

paul