RE: Last Call Working Draft of MathML 2.0, 2nd edition published

David Carlisle [mailto:davidc@nag.co.uk] wrote on 03 June 2003 13:35:

> Simon,
>

> > In the DTD mstyle can have the attribute %att-accentunder; (but not
> > %att-accent;). I think it should be removed, since it is
> not inheritable.
>
> In fact the DTD does specify the accent attribute (%att-accent;) is
> allowed on mstyle, this is included in %att-opinfo; which is included
> into mstyle's attribute list.
>
> att-accentunder does appear explictly in mstyle's attribute list as it
> isn't in att-opinfo.
>
> We discussed your comment that these attributes should not be in the
> DTD. The current settings are intentional and so we plan to keep
> the DTD as it is in this case.
>
> The following explanation comes from Robert Minor, who I hope
> won't mind
> if I plagiarise his text from our internal discussion:
>
> >   You can set anything except required attributes on mstyle.
> >   set the attribute just fine.
>
> As this is a last call comment could you confirm on this mailing list
> whether or not you are happy with this resolution as we have
> to document
> the outcome of all last call comments, thanks.

Thanks for the explanation. I agree with it.

> Also, as far as I can tell this is the last of your DTD
> comments in this
> round to have been handled. If you think there is a message
> that I have
> missed and you haven't seen a reply please send me a reminder.

Together with your previous message you have addressed my comments.

Thanks. I am looking forward to seeing this edition become a Recommendation.

With kind regards,
Simon Pepping
DTD Development and Maintenance
Elsevier