Re: <mml:math>..., xsl and InputControl

At 12:40 07-07-2003 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> > I want to have both formulas rendered with mathplayer, or whatever the
> > current browser uses, and formulas, that is rendered using
> InputControl, on
> > the same page.
>
> > So what I'm looking for is a method that overrules the xsl
> transformations,
> > so that I can make pure non-translated mathml as input to the InputControl
> > applet
>
>I'm not sure what your input xml looks like, or quite what your output
>needs to be, but it sounds like you should be able to modify the
>XSLT to get what you need.
>Do you mean that you want each formula duplicated, so
>appears as
><mml:math><mml:mi>A</<mml:mi></<mml:math> (rendered by the browser)
>and also
><applet
>   value="&lt;math>&lt;mi>A&lt;/mi>&lt;/math>"
>/>
>as a parameter to your control?
>
>or do you mean that some formulae appear in one form, and some another?
>
> > Can this be done at all or should I open a window whenever I
> > wan't to edit a formula...
>
>If you can produce by hand an HTML page that does what you want, then
>almost certainly you can generate that page from your input XML using an
>XSLT transformation.

All I want is to be able to have a mathml section rendered both as the
mathematical formula it represents and on the same page rendered in the
InputControl applet.
This surely can be done using special XSLT transformations but I don't
think that I'm the first or the last person that meets this problem, so
what I'm looking for is a
previously implemented and tested method (or xsl file) that I can use.

Actually I expect Design Science to have such a mechanism...

Regards

Morten Andersen