Re: problems compiling lib 5.3.2

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 02:28:58PM +0100, Vasili Goutas wrote:
> Hi, I downloaded the version 5.3.2 and tried to compile it on
> Win2000 with CygWin. I run on errors when the examples going to be
> compiled:

Try configuring --without-expat. The XML stuff seems to have a number
of (small) problems...

Just in case you're interested in compiling for MinGW32 (=Cygwin
without dependency on the Cygwin DLL), check the list archives for my
posting from Oct 4, "Compiling libwww for Windows with MinGW32
[patch]".

BTW, there was no reaction to my patch - could someone with write
access to CVS *please* apply it or tell me why it will not be applied?

FWIW, I'm considering contributing a bit more to libwww (and also
becoming the Debian package maintainer for it), but not by posting
patches here and then seeing them rot... :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _