From: Yusef_Badri@tertio.com [mailto:Yusef_Badri@tertio.com]
Sent: Montag, 30. April 2001 06:02
To: www-lib@w3.org
Cc: jens.meggers@firepad.com
Subject: RE: Bug fixes

Hi Jens

You may well have already noticed this, but in your proposed change to
HTUserProfile_delete() below, all you're doing is assigning a new value to
a pass-by-value parameter, just before the routine returns - effectively a
no-op !!
The only place it is called from is HTLibTerminate() though, and Patch 4
provides the required assign-to-null operation after this call returns.

For Patch 9, I can confirm that the code I patched was exactly as in your
post below, but unfortunately I didn't keep too many notes. This was back
in January, but what I vaguely remember is that Purify reported an FMR
(Freed Memory Read), and when I went through the code manually, with the
aid of some trace statements, I was able to see why.
Looking at the code visually, I must admit that I don't see any functional
difference between my patch and the old code. I've also just tried a quick
test run using the old code, without finding the problem.
??? Pass - I seem to have gotten confused somewhere.

By the way, I also have one more request.
The HTTP_setBodyWriteDelay() routine in HTTP.c currently checks the
parameters, and runs some checks to make sure the delay is at least 20
milliseconds. Is there a reason for this - why not just accept whatever
values the progammer requests (including zero ?)

Regards
Yusef

Jens Meggers <jens.meggers@firepad.com>@w3.org on 28/04/2001 02:49:46

Sent by:  www-lib-request@w3.org