RE: terrible

   Yeah, OOP without the infrastructure of an OOP language can get ugly.
It IS possible to do it more elegantly, however.  Have you ever used ILU?
Its OOP-in-C is quite ugly, but it works and makes sense.  libwww doesn't
make any sense half the time.
   Frequently, functions behave quite differently than documented.  And
they're VERY sensitive to which profile you initialize the library with
(and of course the documentation barely scratches the surface of what the
profiles do).  For instance, something simple like HTLoadToFile() will NOT
WORK if you use the init the library with the "wrong" profile.  (A generic
function like HTLoadToFile should work under any profile!  Its just
downloading a file!)