Re: POSTing from memory AND file

Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

> I need to POST in a special way. The first portion of the entity body needs
> to come from formatted strings in memory. The second portion needs to come
> from a file. I asume I need a stream to do this. But where/when do I set
> the stream up? Is it in the request? If I use a stream to POST data, must I
> drive the POST request myself, or can I use something in HTAccess?

I am still working on a change that allows you to POST in multiple steps
but haven't got the code ready yet. Currently, libwww expects you to
post the whole object at once, that is, it doesn't call the stream that
feeds the data more than once.

This is essentially the same problem as Olga has when trying to post in
multiple steps directly from a file.

Doing byterange PUT in HTTP/1.1 is hard - it is not supported. It was
postponed to be fixed in WebDAV but they say that they have had other
things that came first. I would have liked to do PUT with byte ranges
too but the best way forward for now spec wise is to get the HTTP
extension framework that I am working on in place.

Henrik