Re: Blocking in POST

olga wrote:

> my multiple POSTs and GETs work now but often (and unpredictable) POST would
> hang:
>
> Trace:
>
> In HTWriter_write: EAGAIN : Resource temporarily unavailable
> Write Socket WOULD BLOCK 16 (offset 61320)
>
> After that sometime the application goes on but sometimes just hangs...
> Why is that happening and how to fix it? I am not using the latest version on
> the library. Maybe there were some fixes regarding this behavior?

The most important thing you have to look out for is that it is possible
to pipeline multiple POST requests in libwww and this is not (yet)
allowed in HTTP. However, there has been changes to this part of the
code and exactly what it can be I don't know.

As you can imagine, I would suggest that you do a cvs update and see how
this works out. If you are not using the HText interface then there
should be no API changes at all.

--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium