RE: Problems with SSIFrame

FYI: I have tried the latest nightly build and I am still having the
same lock up problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laird, Brian
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:35 AM
To: 'Yves Lafon'; www-jigsaw@w3.org
Subject: Problems with SSIFrame

I having a problem using server side includes.  Below is the list of
steps I have done and what happens.  Let me know if anyone else has run
into this or what can be done to fix it?  I don't seem to have this
problem running on my windows development machine.

Thanks and let me know if you need anymore information,

Brian

Environment:

JDK/JRE =

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2-b28)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-b28, mixed mode)

Jigsaw = 2.2.2 (modified w/ bug fixes until 2.2.5 comes out)

OS = Solaris v8

Steps:

1.      Created an html file with a server side include

2.      Created a servlet that outputs some javascript as needed

3.      Modified the resource in the admin console to have an SSIFrame
instead of a HTTPFrame

4.      Tested the page and everything was fine

5.      Shutdown the server

6.      Started the server

7.      Tried to test the page and it hung up

8.      Tried to shutdown the server using jigkill and it would never
shutdown properly.  I had to use kill on the process

9.      Did a touch on the file

10.  Started the server

11.  Tested the page and everything was fine

12.  Without the touch in the startup script the file always causes a
deadlock on the server

This e-mail and any accompanying documents or files contain information that is the
property of Perseco, that is intended solely for those to whom this e-mail is addressed
(i.e., those identified in the "To" and "Cc" boxes), and that is confidential, proprietary,
and/or privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any viewing, use, disclosure, forwarding, copying, or distribution of any of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal sanctions.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of any unintended
recipients, and delete the e-mail, all attachments, and all copies of both from your system.

While we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachments to this e-mail
have been swept for viruses, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a
result of software viruses.