From: madhukiran [mailto:madhukirant@vedams.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 2:07 PM
To: Laird, Brian
Subject: Re: SSL support for Jigsaw2.2.2

hi brian,
      thank you for your response.i have few questions.

[Laird, Brian] Step 1 looks correct

     1. i created a https-server.props and copied the contents from  http-server.props and added the following lines

     org.w3c.jigsaw.ssl.enabled=true
    org.w3c.jigsaw.ssl.keystore.path=/home/sslstore.keystore
    org.w3c.jigsaw.ssl.keystore.password=sslstorepass
    org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientFactory=org.w3c.jigsaw.https.socket.SSLSocketClientFactory

    2. i changed the contents of the server.props file and now it looks like this

    org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.handlers=https-server|admin-server
    https-server.org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.class=org.w3c.jigsaw.webdavs.webdavsd
[Laird, Brian] I haven't used webdav w/ SSL support before.   This is what ours looks like to act as a standard web server:
 https-server.org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.class=org.w3c.jigsaw.https.httpsd
    admin-server.org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.class=org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.AdminServer

    3. when i try to run the jigsaw server i am getting the following error message

        Unable to launch https-server: Unable to create a client factory of class "org.w3c.jigsaw.https.socket.SSLSocketClientFactory" details:
        No cipher suites supported by this SSL socket factory.
        Please check your factory, key store, store password and cerificates.
        *** Warning : JigAdmin[2.2.2]: no logger specified, not logging.
        JigAdmin[2.2.2]: serving at http://linmac:8009/

    4 i have created a keystore following your specifications by the name sslstore.keystore and placed it in /home. i have used the following commands

[Laird, Brian] run the following command to confirm keystore is built properly:
keytool -list -v -alias servername.companyname.com -keystore /home/sslstore.keystore

You should see something like the following:

 Keystore type: jks
Keystore provider: SUN

Your keystore contains 1 entry

Alias name: server1.companyname.com
Creation date: May 19, 2003
Entry type: keyEntry
Certificate chain length: 1
Certificate[1]:
Owner: CN=server1.companyname.com, OU=IT, O=CompanyName, L=City, ST=State, C=US
Issuer: CN=server1.companyname.com, OU=IT, O=CompanyName, L=City, ST=State, C=US
Serial number: 3ed91255
Valid from: Mon May 19 12:50:13 CDT 2003 until: Sun Aug 17 12:50:13 CDT 2003
Certificate fingerprints:
         MD5:  DE:99:99:5C:4F:34:49:0D:1A:EB:F1:EA:41:F0:D2:84
         SHA1: AB:06:FA:9A:56:E4:B7:82:E2:33:C4:DC:AE:27:00:D6:A2:E4:A4:6F

         Creating the self-signed certificate:
        1) keytool -genkey -alias servername.companyname.com -keypass anypassword -keystore /opt/jigsaw/dev/Jigsaw/keystore/testcert.keystore -keyalg RSA
        2) keytool -selfcert -alias servername.companyname.com -keystore /opt/jigsaw/dev/Jigsaw/keystore/testcert.keystore -keyalg RSA

        but i have not used the -keyalg option.

[Laird, Brian] I found that we needed the keyalg option for Internet Explorer to recognize the ssl certificate.  The default encryption algorithm didn't seem be recognized.

        can you help me on this.

thanks and regards
madhu

ps: i have not updated my ssladapter and sslsocketclient factory classes