Re: Unix user access restrictions and Jigsaw

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Peter Schuller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there currently any way to have Jigsaw run CGI scripts and servlets su:ed
> as the owner of the file being executed?

There is already a possibility to run the server under someone's identity
I hate running a server as root (which is mandatory to use ports < 1024),
so I always use -user nobody -group nogroup to start jigsaw (after binding
the socket, it then switch its identity).
However I don't know if it is possible to do easily what you ask (you
probably will have to create a wrapper that will do that, and run the
server as root...)