Re: Method POST not allowed on this resource.

May be we forgot to create a cgi-indexer in Jigsaw 2.1.x, so you
may have to create it yourself.

Please take a look a the FAQ entry about CGI:

http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/FAQ.html#CGI-scripts

Regards, Benoit.

Jilani Khaldi wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have installed Jigsaw (on Windows 98) and it seems to work correctly.
> I have written a little CGI application (an executable file) and I
> placed it under "\www\cgi-bin". When I call it from a HTML file I
> recieve only this message: "Method POST not allowed on this resource."
> I changed the method to "GET" in the HTML file, and now when I call it,
> the browser try to download the executable.
>
> What did I miss?
>
> Thanks.
>
> jk
>
> ps.
> the same CGI program works fine under IIS and Apache.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer