Re: Jigadmin/jdk1.1+swing (was Re: a first hello ...)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Kari-Hans Kommonen wrote:

> Hi - can I support that, it would be great to have the 1.1 version, because
> there is not even a schedule yet for a Java 1.2 implementation on the
> Macintosh.

Agreed, it is on the todolist now :)

> (Even more so, would it be possible to have a Java 1.1.8 version of Jigsaw
> 2.1 at some point? I would love the new features...)

It may be more difficult there as it uses stacks and some other
collection-related classes, maybe adding those classes should help there,
but I didn't test.

> Another nice, and easier, thing would be to have the old jigadm for the
> 2.0.x downloadable as a compiled version... ( - or did I miss a compiled
> version that already exists?)
Well, you mean a standalone executable instead of a java app? or just a
specific downloadable package containing only the minimum needed for
jigadmin/jigadm?