Re: Servlet tuning (again)

Hi,

 I developed an application which uses Jigsaw, Servlets, CORBA and JDBC.
Though I did not make any benchmark for the time taken, I did feel that
the response is faster with Jigsaw. I was using MS-Access database on NT
m/c. This database is queried through Servlets, which in turn calls a
CORBA-Client (both of them on Unix), ending the call with a CORBA-Server
on NT. The servlet implemented doPost method.

Seeing from your benchmark, it looks like most of the time taken is in
page rendering. Are you having images in the servlet generated page? I
haven't tried putting images into the generated page from the servlets,
mine was simple text display. If you are having images, then can you try
take up a longer time than the normal, then you know why your pages from
servlets take so long. There were some earlier mail exchanges in the
mailing list related to this problem. I could overcome this problem of
images taking a long time by re-compiling the entire Jigsaw code with
JDK2. Also, on the latest Jigsaw this problem is fixed.

Regards,
SASTRY