Re: AW: AW: Problem in accessing GIF files

At 15:17 03/03/99 +0100, you wrote:
>On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Werner Hennrich wrote:
>
>> Hello Yves,
>>
>> thanks for your explanation - sounds very reasonable.
>>
>> But the question remains: why does MSIE4 not have the same problem with
>> other Http/1.1 compliant servers?
>
>Well, servers like Apache tends to cut the connection anyway after a short
>timeout, so you don't wee this problem ;)
>
>> AND: even if JigSaw is 'right' about its implementation of Http/1.1, if
that
>> server cannot be used for _that_ client, which uses remain for JigSaw, even
>> if it is made by the W3C.
>
>The strange thing is that I don't have this problem, using IE4 or IE5 on
>NT (I have 4.0 sp3). So I really don't know why other people have this
>problem :( It may be an OS bug that is fixed with recent releases, but I
>can't really give a good diagnostic on this one!
>Regards,
>
>      /\          - Yves Lafon - World Wide Web Consortium -
>  /\ /  \        Architecture Domain - Jigsaw Activity Leader
> /  \    \/\
>/    \   /  \   http://www.w3.org/People/Lafon - ylafon@w3.org

Hi,

I use NT4 sp3, with netscape that's OK, but with Hotjava browser
I have the same problem that seems to happend with some internet explorer.
Some gif file, But not all gif file, does not appear correclty.
In fact the W3C logo in the doc of jigsaw does not appear
but the JIGSAW image appear correctly, the only diffrance I see
with jigadmin is in the frame parameter :

- the frame for "W3C_home" has the property icon set to generic.gif and
variants set to w3c_home.gif, W3c_home.png
- the frame for "jigsaw" has the property variants set to jigsaw.gif and
icon is not set.

Hotjava browser complain when I try to go directly to the ressource
w3c_home with the URL :
http://localhost:8001/icons/www/w3c_home

	Exception: java.net.SocketException
	Unexpected end of file from server

but work ok when accessing the file itself with the URL :
http://localhost:8001/icons/www/w3c_home.gif

Gildas