Re: AW: AW: Problem in accessing GIF files

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Werner Hennrich wrote:

> Hello Yves,
>
> thanks for your explanation - sounds very reasonable.
>
> But the question remains: why does MSIE4 not have the same problem with
> other Http/1.1 compliant servers?

Well, servers like Apache tends to cut the connection anyway after a short
timeout, so you don't wee this problem ;)

> AND: even if JigSaw is 'right' about its implementation of Http/1.1, if that
> server cannot be used for _that_ client, which uses remain for JigSaw, even
> if it is made by the W3C.

The strange thing is that I don't have this problem, using IE4 or IE5 on
NT (I have 4.0 sp3). So I really don't know why other people have this
problem :( It may be an OS bug that is fixed with recent releases, but I
can't really give a good diagnostic on this one!