Re: proxy/server development

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Semuel Vomberg wrote:

> hi, me & my friend r trying to change both the proxy and server usual form
> of communication of the TCP protocol into a hybridation of TCP and UDP
> protocols this should improve communication speed .
> Our question is which classes and which methods should we focus on in
> order to make these changes?

The proxy part is located at:
org.w3c.jigsaw.proxy.*, take a look at ForwardFrame, this class is
responsible of doing a std HTTP client request as a proxy, if you want to
replace this by an UDP-based client, that's the place.
If you are using UDP only to get some information, you should take a look
at the client-side filter. the ICPFilter
(org.w3c.www.protocol.http.icp.ICPFilter) and its multicast variant
(org.w3c.www.protocol.http.micp.MICPFilter) are the interesting parts.
Also you should read the doc about "how to extend Jigsaw" in the
Programmer Documentation:
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/#Programmer_documentation
Note, the client-side filter is close to the SeverSide filter, but we
still have to write some documentation on this one...