Re: Q: how to get jigadm to recognize new resource?

Yves Lafon wrote:
> > This compiled, but it doesn't show up in jigadm as a choice for resource
> > type.
> > Hunting around in the source, there appear to be property files which need
> > be edited to include the new class (I must have missed this in the
> > documentation
> > on how to compile and install a resource - I still can't find it). I looked
> > for HttpDirectoryResource, and found it in two ResourceHelper.p files, so I
> > added BandResource right after it in both. But jigadm now refuses to show me
> > ANY resource helper, always throwing an exception claiming that there was a
> > configuration error, no editor for whatever resource I selected.
>
> In Jigsaw/Jigsaw/config, you have jigadm.zip
> In this zip you have the
> org.w3c.tools.resources.ContainerResource/helpers/org.w3c.jigadm.editors.ResourcesHelper.p
> file
> Add your resource there, in the list. But it is not mandatory to do that,

Right, I added it there, and also in
org.w3c.tools.resources.indexer.TemplateContainer/helpers/org.w3c.jigadm.editors.ResourcesHelper.p.
That's when I was getting the 'no editor for XXResource'
errors from jigadm.

> you can directly type the class of your resource in the textfield over the
> pull down menu.

Well, I can't do that when the resource helper won't appear at all. I guess
I can go back to the jigadm.zip shipped with the distribution, so that some
kind of resource helper appears, and try it there.

> Well, for that problem, I would have created a Filter, this filter
> attached to the HTTP frame would have filtered out 404 not found answers
> (so it is an mainly an outgoing filter). If the result is a 404, then
> transform the reply to be a redirect to the query page. Put the filter on
> the right directory as it will affect the subdirectories.

What property file(s) would have to change to have jigadm offer the new
filter in the pull-down menu?

--
Jeff Van Epps  lordbah@lordbah.com