Re: Cookie handling in JIgsaw.

Rajesh Joshi writes:

> Hi!
>
> The configuration is something like this : Client -> LoginServlet -> Servlet2
> .
> LoginServlet will verify the login information & set a cookie. Do I need to w
> rite the
> information back to the client, & then redirect the client to Servlet2 so as
> to make the cookie information available to servlet2?

 Yes, I think it's a solution, In order to make the cookie
 information available to Servlet2, you need to specify the
 cookie-path to "/" or something common to the LoginServlet URL and
 the Serlvet2 URL. If you don't specify the cookie path, the cookie
 will be sent on all URL of you server (that could be acceptable).

> Or, is it ok if I forward the HtttpServletRequest & HttpServletResponse to se
> rvlet2 without sending the information back to client?

 You mean by using the getServlet(...) method? well, why not. With
 this solution your configuration will works with browser refusing
 cookies and this should be faster.

 So, the best thing to do is to try, and then choose the better
 solution.

 Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team