Re: updated main file?

ed.nixon@lynnparkplace.org writes:

> Hi.
>
> For whatever reasons I'm using the JDK1.2beta3 exclusively. When I executed
> jigadm under the beta code, mouse clicks started generating exceptions. jigad
> is unusable. As a solution and as a pretext for getting better acquainted wit
> JigSaw, I thought I would recompile the sourece under 1.2beta3.
>
> There are a number of problems which are probably well know to jigsaw initiat
> es
> (I'm not one of them, unfortunately).
>
> Package naming changes have not been completely updated throughout the source
>
> files. This means basically that the 'org' level of the hierarchy is missing
> in
> a number of files. I haven't looked into the details of this but it is probab
> ly
> something that I can fix with a simple edit, provided the classes actually
> exist. This effects the 'indexer' group as well as 'contrib'

 Well, these packages should not be in the distribution, all theses classes
 has been moved. You don't need to compile these classes. You should use the
 makefiles, only the packages written in the makefiles has to be compiled.

>Can anyone give me a hand with this? Can anyone say whether or not I could use
>the 1.2beta compile of the jigadm code along with the distribution binaries of
>the rest of jigsaw? Would it help?

 Actually, JDK1.2 is still a beta, and we have some problems with inner class
 access (private access to inner classe seems to be forbidden now!), we have
 also some problems with cast (byte -> int) that MUST be specified now, ...
 new ClassLoader api ... new servlets api ...

 So Jigsaw1.2 is not ready for JDK1.2 (or is it JDK1.2 that is not ready?).

 Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team