Re: Jigsaw/Beta 1.0. Problems in Restarting, tracing, and some links...

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Chen ZeBin wrote:

> Dear sir,
>     Thank you for spending time on my questions. I've set up an Jigsaw
> server/Beta 1.0  and  found the following problems I can't solved.
> 1. Because Netscape and IE both send a HTTP request of "GET /  HTTP/1.0"
> at their start-line, they work OK under Jigsaw; but Jigsaw can't accept
> requests from a telnet when the start-line    is "GET /  HTTP/1.1",
> connection will be closed by server. How to correct the server code to
> the browser that claims itself as a HTTP/1.0?
???
Jigsaw accept 1.1 request, Note that a request with only GET / HTTP/1.1
is invalid, at least the Host: header should be filled, hence the close
of the connection (Which is wrong, it must be a "400 Bad Request")

> 2. After I change Jigsaw's trace flag and client's debug's flag to TRUE
> and restart the server          according to the tutorials, I visit the
> /Admin/Editor again. But the server closes connection without data and
> the server emits the following messages "Null Point Exception..."; but
> changing the flags one by one after restarting is OK.

To configure the server, the best thing is to use the JigAdmin tool.
see http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/User/Administration/JigAdm.html for more
details.
However, the symptoms are indicating that you have a problem with your
configuration... Can you give more feedback of what happened?

> 3. The following links have been expired:
>      Link caption by "jigsaw@w3.org" pointing to
> "http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/jigsaw@w3.org" in
> "http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Bugs.html" has been changed.
>      Link caption by "Servlet API" pointing to
> "http://jeeves.javasoft.com/products/java-server/webserver/fcs/doc/apidoc/packages.html"
>
> in ".../User/FAQ.html#what-are-servlets" has been changed.
>    Thanks again for viewing and answering this letter!

Thank you, those links will fixed ASAP!

  /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw