use of Kaffe

Sinclair Budd writes:
 > I see that the w3c  Amaya browser is going
 > to be made with  java and in particular will
 > be make compatible with the Kaffe   development system.

That's already done, I think it is available; at least for our members
and probably within one month to the public. It uses Jigsaw client
side HTTP API.

 > Does the jigsaw team ( or is it only one )   intend to make
 > Jigsaw work with the same Kaffe?

I haven't tried it for a bit of time, I think it works fine on linux,
I am unsure about solaris, it ought to run though (and should be
pretty close by now).

Also, consider that the next release of Jigsaw will *require* a 1.1
compliant Java implementation; I think - I haven't again been
following that closely - that kaffe should be 1.1 compatible rsn.

Anselm.