Re: non-http server

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Anselm Baird_Smith wrote:
> Check the w3c.jigsaw.daemon package, it's purpose is exactly to be
> able to run a non-http server within a java vm. You will probably want
> to reuse some of the mime class, though (I guess POP is an rfc822-like
> porotocol, haven't read the spec though)
I want to reuse the Socket-handling part, with all the associated
properties.
The ServerHandler interface seems ok, but w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd impl. is
too big and I see no way to subclass ( I need fewer capabilities, not
more).

A "flow" may be usefull - it seems that factory.handleConnection() makes
the protocol-work. Also the "clientFactory" can be changed via properties.
SocketClientFactory launch a LRU-able object, but where can I fit my own
protocol-handler?
								Costin

--
Costin Manolache