Jigsaw as Proxy Server : Filter question/ Re: Running Jigsaw with MS JVIEW

Hi,

1)Proxy  Server Question:

We have Jigsaw running as a Proxy Server(both 1.02 and 1.05).
 I am writting my own filter which implements PropRequestFilter..
Everything works perfectly fine except and life is very good.

Question: When my filter generates a reply Object, the Reply objects
MIME-TYPE is always set to text/html. How do I set it the "correct"
Mime type of the Reply Object(i.e when my objects are not text/htmls..)
I am looking into this and shall post a solution if I find one.
If someone has done some digging in this area, I would really appreciate
any help here.

2) Microsoft J++ 1.1 and Jview.
We spent 4-5 days out here trying to build Jigsaw under J++ 1.1. Jigsaw
doesnt compile  cleanly with J++ and J++ still barfs at what other
compilers consider legal Java code. We have compiled Jigsaw with Cafe
and JDK and have had no problems. Anyway, after some understanding of
the code and a few changes, we got a compile. Unf. the server didnt
go anywhere with Jview.. We abandoned our efforts concluding that the
changes we made to the src. were not correct. So we re-installed
Jigsaw again and tried running with the default classes.zip.
Jview was able to run the std. classes.zip but that came
along with Jigsaw but we do run into the same probem that
Thornton has mentioned. If we are lucky, the browser connects
to it, but after a page or two, nothing happens... The browser
cannot connect to the server. We have experienced no problems
at all with any other JIT, they all run flawlessly..

BTW, 1.05 as proxy runs far quicker than 1.02. Thanks a lot for
the speed improvement, Anselm...

Mahesh Joshi

--
Mahesh Joshi

Mahesh Joshi                      {O} 415-254-5441
KnowledgeSet Corp.                {H} 510-792-3955
                      mjoshi@kset.com
http://www.kset.com/cdweb : Integrating your CD-ROM with the Web