Adding a non 1 to 1 directory mapping

Mike Moran writes:
 > Hi. I've just started running Jigsaw to get an idea of its
 > 	capabilities, and i've hit a blockage ...
 >
 > 	How do you add a non 1 to 1 simple mapping from a directory on 		a site
 > as seen via a url to a physical directory, eg:
 >
 > 	http://someserver/somedirectory
 >
 > 	maps
 >
 > 	to: somedirectorypath,
 >
 > 	where somedirectory and somedirectorypath are 	*totally* different?

CHeck the PassDirectory resource.

 > 	After perusing the documentation, which talks at length 		of a small
 > menagerie of resource classes, I still cannot find
 > 	out how to perform this simple operation.
 >
 > 	This sort of operation is *very easy* under Netscape Enterprise
 > 	server, which is a big advantage to me. At first glance, 	Jigsaw's
 > administration is daunting in comparison.

Yes, that's true. Stay tune, someone is working full time on a GUI
based config that should really smooth the config process. In your
case you may also want to check:

http:/www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Jigsaw/User/Reference/w3c.jigsaw.resources.PassDirectory.html

 > 	However, I am more than willing to have my initial thoughts
 > 	changed ...

Hopefully this will start to change your mind, once you'll have the
GUI based config framework, you will defintely change your mind :-)

Anselm