Clarification on the indexer

Bruce Nelson writes:
 > Anselm...
 >
 > I was curious after reading your latest description
 > of the new release of what was the final decision on
 > how the indexer would work -- our needs are as follows
 > our site currently is using a Sybase RDBMS back-end
 > to handle security, dynamic indexing and filtering we have
 > a pretty good port of Syb-Java (Sybase Java) and have
 > done some preliminary testing with Jigsaw's resources.
 > The places that were we have been focusing on the most
 > are the Auth filters, Directory resource, CGI resource and
 > the indexer. Our hope is that the indexer will allow
 > for modifications/ehancements such as ours and still be
 > the indexer, but builds its indexes from foriegn sources.
 > -- I am reffering earlier email you had sent (last month?)

Am I right in saying that you want to customize the indexer itself ?
That's interesting, I haven't though ot it before. My main concern was
to be able to implement resource stores on top of a database, but
that's another issue.

For tha uth filter, you probaly need to rewrite some parts of the
existing GenericAUthFilter to make it access the DB (not a big deal, I
think).

For remaining resources, my understanding is that you want to index
them, according to some infos you have available in your RDBMS. If
this is the case, then you will have to redefine the ResourceIndexer
class...

Anselm.

 > P.S. Shouldn't you be helping with that new baby ??
 >      instead of answering e-mail :-)

Yes, I should ! But my typing rocks him - "le berce" in french - ;-)