Extensions for directories

Jeff Sickel writes:
 > Is there a mechanism for getting the Extensions editor to allow for general
 > purpose extensions on directories?
 >
 > I'm wanting to utilize the .htmld to represent directory wrappers for html
 > sources trees.  Logically this means having an index.html inside of the
 > blah.htmld director with all references being local to that source point.
 >
 > Unfortunately, when trying to add an extesion with a class of
 > w3c.jigsaw.resources.DirectoryResource, the Extensions editor returns a
 > document with no data, thus no way to assign the appropriate attributes.

Under the current resource indexer, the Extensions are meant for
indexing files. However the Directories (directoy templates) are made
for customizing directory indexing. Try to look at the docs for the
Directory stuff (User/Administration, hopefully), if this doesn't help
enough, let me know, I'll try making the docs better.

Anselm.