Internal Lookup question.

Alexandre Rafalovitch writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Is there any way to do a resource lookup and if that failed to get the
 > deepest resource found on the path.
 >
 > For example, if I request /foo/bar/biz/file.bla and only /foo/bar part
 > exist, I would be able to access the resource responsible for foo/bar and
 > have /biz/file.bla in some variable.
 >
 > It might be something very obvious, but I can't find it.

The w3c.jigsaw.http.LookupResult has a placeholder for the result of
the lookup operation. Unfortunetally most resources set it to null
when the lookup fails (they could set it to the current lookup point).

This is something it is still time to change...

Opinions ? (ie what do you need it for ?)
Anselm.