Re: CGI problems

Anselem,
        I was recently able to get the CGI script I sent you, to work with
Jigsaw, under SunOS.  The script was one I found on the Web, that was
supposed to
simply be placed in the cgi-bin along with it's accompanying library.  Being
rather new to CGI scripting, I had to do a good amount of reading to get it to
work correctly.  I hope this information is useful.
        The necessary changes (some of which would be obvious to someone
familiar with CGI scripts) were as follows.
        1.  The accompanying library needed (cgi-lib.pl) to be modified to
            include path information (without viewing the library there is no
            way of knowing this, this was the most subtle problem).
        2.  The noheader attribute was set to false.
        3.  generates-form to true.
        4.  content-language needs to be set, in this case to perl.
        5.  Of course the command attribute must also be set with complete path
            information for the script.
        6.  I left the rest of the attributes at their default values.
        7.  An obvious problem was that I needed to use chmod to make the
            script executable.
With these changes the script worked. However the script is supposed to
display the
content of the file that was uploaded, to the client browser, which it still
does
not do properly.  Instead the name of the file and not it's contents are
displayed.
I think this has to do with the content-type header not matching up
correctly in the
server and the script.

John Okoro.