OS/2 Jigsaw for many simultaneous requests?

[Of course, I am little biased ;-)]

Jocelyn Paine writes:
 > Would anyone recommend using Jigsaw - perhaps after the mid-August
 > release - as a production server on OS/2? One thing we must have is the
 > ability to handle lots of simultaneous requests.

I would definitely wait after the mid-august release for installing
Jigsaw on a 'real' site. I know some of you already did it, but I
beleive they know what they did. Basically I am working hard on the
next release, trying to make sure that the APIs and file formats won't
evolve (in a incompatible way) after it. At this point, I am afraid
that the mid-august release will still be alpha, but this time it will
be because of potential bugs rather then instability (ie I should be
able to cope with them by emiting patches in a timely fahsion).

With regard to performance, I am really confident that new Java
implementations will be superior to what we are used these days. Along
with the JIT compiler progress I think that by the next Java
implementation release cycle (after this summer), Jigsaw will reach
very reasonable performance (if not more).

Anselm.