Re: Problems with SVG parsing

Well, i'm using debian testing, and i installed this graphvis with apt-get.
  Here is the apt-cache show output..., i don't know if is the correct version, it seem that is 2.2.1.  And the dot program is in /usr/bin/dot
  i installed isaviz-bin-2_1.tar.gz

  And yes, i'm using 'acentos' in spanish. But i probed a file without
  diacritics in english, and failed in the same way, with the same error.
  Thanks for answer.

  quetzal:~# apt-cache show graphviz
  Package: graphviz
  Section: graphics
  Installed-Size: 2660
  Maintainer: Stephen M Moraco <stephen@debian.org>
  Architecture: i386
  Version: 2.2.1-1sarge1
  Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21), libexpat1 (>= 1.95.8), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.3.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.5-1), libice6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libjpeg62, libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.8rel), libsm6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libx11-6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxaw7 (>> 4.1.0), libxext6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxmu6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxpm4 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxt6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1), tk8.4, tcl8.4
  Suggests: msttcorefonts, graphviz-doc
  Conflicts: gdtclft
  Filename: pool/main/g/graphviz/graphviz_2.2.1-1sarge1_i386.deb
  Size: 971018
  MD5sum: 6504a5be6579cafc0b5d0192d02cbeb6
   Graph drawing addresses the problem of visualizing structural information
   by constructing geometric representations of abstract graphs and networks.
   Automatic generation of graph drawings has important applications in key
   technologies such as database design, software engineering, VLSI and
   network design and visual interfaces in other domains. Situations where
   these tools might be particularly useful include:
   .
     * you would like to restructure a program and first need to  understand
       the relationships between its types, procedures, and source files.
     * you need to find the bottlenecks in an Internet backbone - not only
       individual links, but their relationships
     * you're debugging a protocol or microarchitecture represented as a
       finite state machine and need to figure out how a certain
       error state arises
     * you would like to browse a database schema, knowledge base, or
       distributed program represented pictorially
     * you would like to see an overview of a collection of linked documents
     * you would like to discover patterns and communities of interest in a
       database of telephone calls or e-mail messages
   .
   Homepage: http://www.graphviz.org
  Tag: field::mathematics, interface::commandline, interface::x11, role::sw:shlib, role::sw:utility, uitoolkit::athena, uitoolkit::tk, use::viewing, works-with::image:raster, works-with::image:vector, x11::application

Emmanuel Pietriga <pietriga@lri.fr> escribió:
Jose Antonio Villarreal a écrit :
>  Hello, i installed isaviz on debian testing all seems good, but when i
> try to import or copy and paste a simple RDF-XML file i have always the same
> error, here is mi error log
> -----Importing RDF-----
> XMLManager.parse(/tmp/isv17867.svg): org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
> Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> RDFLoader.load() java.lang.NullPointerException
> Please verify your directory preferences (GraphViz/DOT might not be
> configured properly), your default namespace and anonymous node prefix
> declarations
> i've change my locale to es_MX.UTF-8 UTF-8, and i have the same problem.

What version of GraphViz are you using ?

Does your RDF file contain characters with diacritics (e.g. é, à, è, ...) ?

Emmanuel