W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2022

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2022-02-10

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 17:17:17 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <beba1d4b-662a-d1ab-f415-939103c85b02@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2022/02/10-i18n-minutes.html









  – DRAFT –
            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

10 February 2022

    [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

       [2] https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/5e4758ba-3e80-4e71-b333-5f2c4fd95abd/20220210T150000
       [3] https://www.w3.org/2022/02/10-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Atsushi, Bert, David, Eemeli, Erik, JcK,
           Nordin, Richard

    Regrets
           -

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Bert

Contents

     1. [4]Agenda Review
     2. [5]Action Items
     3. [6]Info Share
          1. [7]ECMA
     4. [8]RADAR Review
     5. [9]Review 'Pending' issues
     6. [10]Explainer for TAG and ES-402
     7. [11]AOB?
     8. [12]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

   Agenda Review

   Action Items

    <addison> [13]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/
    open

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-925?

    <trackbot> [14]action-925: Addison Phillips to Update
    string-meta to include json-ld changes, etc. -- due 2020-07-09
    -- OPEN

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/925

    addison: Fixing links in string meta. Could merge soon.

    <addison> [15]https://github.com/w3c/string-meta/pull/56

      [15] https://github.com/w3c/string-meta/pull/56

    addison: building up in the pull request ^^, some edits that
    r12a and I reviewed.
    … merge it after this call?

    ACTION: addison: ping felix

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1114 - Ping felix [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2022-02-17].

    action-1094?

    <trackbot> [16]action-1094: Addison Phillips to Start
    conversation with ecma-402 et al about webidl work -- due
    2021-11-11 -- OPEN

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1094

    addison: Getting closer.

    action-1104?

    <trackbot> [17]action-1104: Addison Phillips to Respond to
    dom's thread after xfq forwards note -- due 2021-12-09 -- OPEN

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1104

    r12a: plh asked me to connect Addison and Dom.

    action-1109?

    <trackbot> [18]action-1109: Addison Phillips to Remind
    shepherds to tend to their awaiting comment resolutions -- due
    2022-01-27 -- OPEN

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1109

    action-1113?

    <trackbot> [19]action-1113: Addison Phillips to Clean up
    linking on specdev -- due 2022-02-10 -- OPEN

      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1113

   Info Share

    JcK: With new systems, if you say we should look at string meta
    explainer, where do I find it?

    addison: I should have added the link...

    JcK: And in the general case?

     ECMA

    eemeli: I'm going to present in ECMA forum.

    addison: Glad to see that.

   RADAR Review

    <addison> [20]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [20] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    addison: New request for css-variables. Anybody?

    addison: I'll take it myself.

    addison: NAUR?

    Bert: not yet

    addison: font transfer?

    atsushi: Can move to completed.

    addison: Can you edit a comment to say there are ni issues?

    addison: IMSC-HRM: I filed comments.

    addison: Anybody apart form Behdad we can talk to?

    f/form/from/

   Review 'Pending' issues

    <addison> [21]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/
    issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Apending

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:pending

    <addison> [22]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

    addison: Starting from the oldest...
    … is this stale? I think they did some work on it.

    r12a: Can't remember, but why don't we close it.

    addison: Contact them?

    ACTION: addison: investigate input type=email status

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1115 - Investigate input type=email
    status [on Addison Phillips - due 2022-02-17].

    <addison> [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1021

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1021

    addison: Seems to have an issue already, so shouldn't be
    "pending".

    <addison> [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1358

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1358

    addison: Not in the right repo?

    r12a: I remember was looking for a place.

    ACTION: richard: follow up on issue 1358

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1116 - Follow up on issue 1358 [on
    Richard Ishida - due 2022-02-17].

    <addison> [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1370

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1370

    addison: Appears to have an issue, so not "pending" anymore.

    <addison> [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1371

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1371

    addison: Does have an issue as well.

    r12a: But not an i18n label on that issue.
    … So we should ask plh why that repo is not enabled for i18n
    labels.

    ACTION: richard: contact plh to add horizontal review labels et
    al in a11y-discov-vocab

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1117 - Contact plh to add horizontal
    review labels et al in a11y-discov-vocab [on Richard Ishida -
    due 2022-02-17].

    <addison> [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1411

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1411

    r12a: Looks like one we didn't send yet.

    addison: Objection to sending the comment?

    <addison> [28]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1412

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1412

    r12a: If we know there is something else going on, we should
    maybe mention that to them.

    <atsushi> [29]related issue to #1411?

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/secure-payment-confirmation/issues/93

    addison: If only there were a message format in JS that was
    localizable...
    … Send this?

    r12a: Yes.

    atsushi: I wonder if label 'total' is not defined in SRC spec
    but something other

    addison: Also related to next issue.

    <addison> [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1413

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1413

    addison: Send this?

    <atsushi> total dictionaly is defined as PaymentItem which has
    DOMString as label: [31]https://w3c.github.io/
    payment-request/#dom-paymentitem

      [31] https://w3c.github.io/payment-request/#dom-paymentitem

    <addison> [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1418

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1418

    addison: I will send the issues to payment.

    r12a: This (#1418) was raised by the w3cbot.
    … Just remove the "pending" label.

    addison: There was a comment from Travis, but not sure he is
    right.
    … Fuqiao not here today, but shall we ask him to follow up?

    ACTION: xfq: follow up on [33]https://github.com/WICG/
    canvas-formatted-text/issues/36 (ask addison for details)

      [33] https://github.com/WICG/canvas-formatted-text/issues/36

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1118 - Follow up on [34]https://
    github.com/wicg/canvas-formatted-text/issues/36 (ask addison
    for details) [on Fuqiao Xue - due 2022-02-17].

      [34] https://github.com/wicg/canvas-formatted-text/issues/36

    <addison> [35]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1428

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1428

    addison: Just remove "pending"?

    r12a: yes

    <addison> [36]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1445

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1445

    addison: Same status as one before: it has an issue. I'll
    remove "pending".

    ACTION: richard: issue 1445 links to wrong spec, talk to plh
    about it

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1119 - Issue 1445 links to wrong
    spec, talk to plh about it [on Richard Ishida - due
    2022-02-17].

    <addison> [37]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1458

      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1458

    addison: I reacted to that one, so we can remove "pending".

    <addison> [38]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1462

      [38] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1462

    r12a: I wasn't sure what the commenter on 1462/7587 was asking
    for. Probably just wait, remove the labels and track it as
    normal.

    <addison> [39]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1463

      [39] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1463

    <addison> [40]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1464

      [40] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1464

    r12a: Same as previous one.

    <addison> [41]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1413

      [41] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1413

    atsushi: about #1413
    … no, #1412

    addison: The comment is that there is a label, in English,
    without metadata.
    … or should we just deprecate this comment (on
    payment-confirmation) and work on payment-request instead?
    … Do you want to suggest some wording?

    atsushi: No.

    r12a: Going back to the <rb> element
    … Fantasai and Florian are working on i18n stuff
    … They may have to deal with this.

    addison: I heard that all browsers support ruby, so the
    fallback to plaintext not needed. And can style with CSS.

    r12a: I'm not intervening until those guys come with something.

    <addison> [42]https://github.com/aphillips/i18n-discuss/blob/
    gh-pages/explainers/string-meta-explainer.md

      [42] https://github.com/aphillips/i18n-discuss/blob/gh-pages/explainers/string-meta-explainer.md

   Explainer for TAG and ES-402

    addison: I welcome contributions. I added the comments we made
    last time.

    r12a: How much are you still going to change it? So I don't
    read it too early.

    addison: Let's target next Thursday, so Thursday in 2 weeks we
    can discuss.

    Discussion about readability of agenda in calendar.

    r12a: Maybe put the non-ordinary items at the top...

    addison: I'll make it useful and beautiful :-)

   AOB?

    No other business.

Summary of action items

     1. [43]addison: ping felix
     2. [44]addison: investigate input type=email status
     3. [45]richard: follow up on issue 1358
     4. [46]richard: contact plh to add horizontal review labels et
        al in a11y-discov-vocab
     5. [47]xfq: follow up on https://github.com/WICG/
        canvas-formatted-text/issues/36 (ask addison for details)
     6. [48]richard: issue 1445 links to wrong spec, talk to plh
        about it
Received on Thursday, 3 March 2022 17:17:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 3 March 2022 17:17:25 UTC