W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2020

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2020-08-06

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 18:52:19 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <d0820832-7897-daea-3a83-630a0eddaa39@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2020/08/06-i18n-minutes.html






text version follows:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

06 Aug 2020

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Aug/0001.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, Fuqiao, fsasaki, atsushi, r12a, JcK

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR Review
          5. [8]Decision to publish updated WG-NOTE draft for JLReq
          6. [9]no review comment on MediaStreamTrack Content Hint
          7. [10]recent spec review issues
          8. [11]i18n home page redesign
          9. [12]TPAC planning
         10. [13]html input type=email
         11. [14]AOB?
      * [15]Summary of Action Items
      * [16]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

    <agendabot> clear agenda

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-929?

    <trackbot> action-929 -- Felix Sasaki to Send uri/iri/url issue
    to wg -- due 2020-07-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/929

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/929

    action-935?

    <trackbot> action-935 -- Addison Phillips to Read html input
    type=email text and suggest edits -- due 2020-07-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/935

      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/935

    action-936?

    <trackbot> action-936 -- Addison Phillips to Contact plh copy
    richard and sam weiler to ask about public-review-announce list
    in wide review etc. -- due 2020-08-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [20]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/936

      [20] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/936

    close action-936

    <trackbot> Closed action-936.

    richard: in parallel was changing doc around HR
    ... raised an issue on that

    <r12a> [21]https://github.com/w3c/documentreview/issues/2

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/documentreview/issues/2

    action-937?

    <trackbot> action-937 -- Addison Phillips to Follow up on media
    queries about status of hr -- due 2020-08-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [22]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/937

      [22] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/937

Info Share

    <xfq>
    [23]https://xfq.github.io/translation/bcp47/index.zh-Hans.html

      [23] https://xfq.github.io/translation/bcp47/index.zh-Hans.html

    fuqiao: translating BCP47 into chinese in my spare time

    <r12a> [24]https://r12a.github.io/scripts/fontlist/

      [24] https://r12a.github.io/scripts/fontlist/

    richard: another toy for you to play with
    ... it's a font lister
    ... shows fonts that are on e.g. mac, windows, sil, etc.
    ... to put into your font-family in css

    (does demo)

RADAR Review

    [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

Decision to publish updated WG-NOTE draft for JLReq

    addison: do we need to approve this

    atsushi: need to

    richard: will pub on behalf of wg

    <xfq> [26]https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/#revision_log

      [26] https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/#revision_log

    addison: pub as Note or as WD?

    richard: as Note via echidna

    <Bert> +1 to publish

    vote on publishing jlreq update as a WG note

    +1

    <xfq> +1 to publish

    <r12a> +1

    <atsushi> +1

    <fsasaki> +1

    <JcK> +1

    <atsushi> (will check ECHIDNA file shortly after this call)

    RESOLUTION: publish JLReq as WG Note

    richard: publishing via echidna will leave old Japanese in
    place, no?

    atsushi: won't publish single language file

no review comment on MediaStreamTrack Content Hint

    atsushi: didn't find any issues

    moved to review completed

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: notive mediastream track that we
    completed a review with no issues

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-938 - Notive mediastream track that
    we completed a review with no issues [on Addison Phillips - due
    2020-08-13].

recent spec review issues

    <xfq> [27]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5139

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5139

    fuqiao: 3 issues; first should be quick

    <xfq> [28]https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#transparency

      [28] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#transparency

    fuqiao: editor changed, looks good to me and to richard. are we
    satisfied?
    ... didn't mention cursive script but did say transparency of
    glyph as a whole rather than by "letter"

    richard: this came out of ALreq

    RESOLUTION: satisfied on css 5139

    <xfq> [29]https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/923

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/923

    <xfq> [30]https://github.com/w3c/manifest/pull/926

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/manifest/pull/926

    fuqiao: didn't specify behavior of dir=auto
    ... sent a PR
    ... richard and I discussed
    ... have some text referring to UBA

    <xfq> [31]https://github.com/w3c/manifest/pull/926/files

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/manifest/pull/926/files

    <xfq> [32]https://unicode.org/reports/tr9/#The_Paragraph_Level

      [32] https://unicode.org/reports/tr9/#The_Paragraph_Level

    <xfq>
    [33]https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/dom.html#the-dir-att
    ribute

      [33] https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/dom.html#the-dir-attribute

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: see if we have a definition of
    ltr/rtl/auto somewhere centralized that specs can refer to

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-939 - See if we have a definition of
    ltr/rtl/auto somewhere centralized that specs can refer to [on
    Richard Ishida - due 2020-08-13].

    <xfq> [34]https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50

      [34] https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50

    <xfq> [35]https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/pull/51

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/pull/51

    addison: more than one issue: provide metadata and then whether
    it is localized

    richard: question of policy on localizing error message

    atsushi: which languages can be used in messages
    ... if there is non-english implementation
    ... such as jp or cn browser

    <atsushi> Esperanto!

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: write proposal for error message
    handling for specdev

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-940 - Write proposal for error
    message handling for specdev [on Addison Phillips - due
    2020-08-13].

i18n home page redesign

    richard: should I go ahead?

    addison: no objection from me

    <r12a>
    [36]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/getting-started/temple.ht
    ml

      [36] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/getting-started/temple.html

    <atsushi> +1

    richard: do these pages look useful

    <r12a>
    [37]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/getting-started/temp.html

      [37] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/getting-started/temp.html

    <fsasaki> +1

    richard: problem is it can be hard to find stuff
    ... first level down is "stuff you need to know"
    ... and there are other useful links
    ... what I could do at bottom of page is maybe site map

    <xfq> +1

    bert: site map sounds good, check a11y color contrast

TPAC planning

    <xfq> [38]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings

      [38] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings

html input type=email

    <xfq> [39]https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

      [39] https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: notive mediastream track that we
    completed a review with no issues
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: write proposal for error message
    handling for specdev
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: see if we have a definition of
    ltr/rtl/auto somewhere centralized that specs can refer to

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [40]publish JLReq as WG Note
     2. [41]satisfied on css 5139

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________
Received on Thursday, 6 August 2020 17:52:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 6 August 2020 17:52:28 UTC