[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2020-07-16


text version follows:


            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

16 Jul 2020


       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Jul/0007.html


           addison, Fuqiao, Atsushi, Richard, JcK, Bert


           Addison Phillips



      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR Review
          5. [8]TPAC Planning
          6. [9]String-Meta, LTLI
          7. [10]input type=email
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      * [12]Summary of Resolutions

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

    REMINDER: THIS MEETING WILL BE ON ZOOM (see meeting info page
    in invite for link)

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items


      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open


    <trackbot> action-920 -- Richard Ishida to Send simple-ruby for
    wide review -- due 2020-06-25 -- OPEN


      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/920

    close action-920

    <trackbot> Closed action-920.


    <trackbot> action-925 -- Addison Phillips to Update string-meta
    to include json-ld changes, etc. -- due 2020-07-09 -- OPEN


      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/925


    <trackbot> action-927 -- Addison Phillips to Work with richard
    on crossover tpac meeting planning and proposal for our tpac
    calls -- due 2020-07-16 -- OPEN


      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/927


    <trackbot> action-928 -- Bert Bos to File an issue against
    miniapp packaging asking after i18n plans -- due 2020-07-16 --


      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/928


    <trackbot> action-930 -- Addison Phillips to Reply to whatwg
    4562 (input type=email) with sense of i18n wg -- due 2020-07-16
    -- OPEN


      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/930

    close action-930

    <trackbot> Closed action-930.


    <trackbot> action-932 -- Richard Ishida to Update
    teleconference joining links etc. on mo page -- due 2020-07-16
    -- OPEN


      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/932

    close action-932

    <trackbot> Closed action-932.

    thanks to xfq for helping

Info Share

    <r12a> [20]https://r12a.github.io/scripts/osage/

      [20] https://r12a.github.io/scripts/osage/

    richard: working on osage, had a call with inventor of script
    and elders of osage nation
    ... simple script, things could change, early days
    ... there's a summary in link
    ... also worked on inuktitut

    <r12a> [21]https://r12a.github.io/scripts/cans/

      [21] https://r12a.github.io/scripts/cans/

    richard: and currently working on cree
    ... don't have summary but have a picker

    (discussion of the osage endonym)

RADAR Review


      [22] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    <xfq> [23]https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/50


      [24] https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/latn-fr-gap.html


      [25] https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/latn-de-gap.html

    richard: created 3 new gap analysis docs
    ... french, german


      [26] https://w3c.github.io/amlreq/gap-analysis/osge-osa-gap

    richard: and osage
    ... these are created in a slightly different approach
    ... in past we got a group together
    ... in this case there were things I saw on css discussion
    ... bringing up issues for french and german
    ... good to capture, so make gap analysis doc for that
    ... have some specific things

    <xfq> we should probably add links to them in
    [27]https://github.com/w3c/eurlreq#documents and

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/eurlreq#documents
      [28] https://github.com/w3c/amlreq/#documents

    richard: in french, first letter selection
    ... like quote-space-letter... want to select whole thing
    ... in german one started out as german letter spacing
    ... after thinking about it a while
    ... have this problem with a lot of langauges
    ... started to edit all of the docs.......
    ... if you look at issue 23 in EURLreq

    <xfq> [29]https://github.com/w3c/eurlreq/issues/23

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/eurlreq/issues/23

    richard: label with multiple languages

    fuqiao: need to file across different language families in diff

    richard: needed to create copies in different ones

TPAC Planning

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: send mail to chairs@ asking for
    signups for tpac meetings

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-933 - Send mail to chairs@ asking for
    signups for tpac meetings [on Addison Phillips - due

    richard: whatwg outstanding issues? I was looking at the q
    element discussion
    ... email, etc.

String-Meta, LTLI

    richard: string-meta waiting on addison's edits
    ... article waiting on comments


      [30] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/lang-bidi-use-cases/index.en

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: remind WG to read lang-bidi-use-cases
    for next week

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-934 - Remind wg to read
    lang-bidi-use-cases for next week [on Addison Phillips - due


      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1


      [32] https://github.com/w3c/ltli/pull/12


      [33] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/ltli/12/3511698...aphillips:9771b5a.html

input type=email

    richard: annevk asking for specific proposal
    ... do we want to make one?

    <xfq> [34]https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

      [34] https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

    richard: did you have a comment on email?


    <scribe> ACTION: addison: read html input type=email text and
    suggest edits

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-935 - Read html input type=email text
    and suggest edits [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-07-23].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: read html input type=email text and
    suggest edits
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: remind WG to read lang-bidi-use-cases
    for next week
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: send mail to chairs@ asking for signups
    for tpac meetings

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Received on Thursday, 16 July 2020 16:55:58 UTC