W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2020

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2020-07-09

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 16:38:00 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <28fa0ad4-fbc8-0e8d-51ff-e5f194666329@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2020/07/09-i18n-minutes.html










text version follows:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

09 Jul 2020

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Jul/0000.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, Fuqiao, Felix, Atsushi, Bert, Richard, JcK

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR Review
          5. [8]TPAC planning
          6. [9]miniapp review
          7. [10]alternate text for geolocation API
          8. [11]HTML input type=email: what to do?
          9. [12]LTLI
         10. [13]whither webex? zoom or chime
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      * [15]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-923?

    <trackbot> action-923 -- Richard Ishida to Review editorial
    work on string-meta for 9-july-2020 telecon -- due 2020-07-02
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/923

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/923

    close action-923

    <trackbot> Closed action-923.

    action-924?

    <trackbot> action-924 -- Addison Phillips to Prepare updates of
    ltli for review by 9-july-2020 pinging fsasaki first -- due
    2020-07-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/924

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/924

    close action-924

    <trackbot> Closed action-924.

    action-926?

    <trackbot> action-926 -- Atsushi Shimono to Propose text for
    geolocation issue -- due 2020-07-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/926

      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/926

    close action-926

    <trackbot> Closed action-926.

Info Share

    Jck: not sure if this group cares
    ... push in ietf to create fully i18n filesystem model

    addison: what does "fully i18n" mean in this context?

    jck: add i18n to NFS

RADAR Review

    [20]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [20] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    richard: completed the review of fonts self-review

    <xfq> [21]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5295

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5295

    richard: only one small one, bit of text saying "kerning
    applied to horizontal, diff open type kerning in vertical"
    ... didn't say only for upright characters
    ... there's an issue

TPAC planning

    [22]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020J
    ul/0002.html

      [22] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Jul/0002.html

    <xfq> TPAC 2020
    [23]https://www.w3.org/2020/10/TPAC/Overview.html

      [23] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/TPAC/Overview.html

    <xfq> [24]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings

      [24] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings

    richard: groups will schedule meetings in small chunks
    ... need to figure out how to jump

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: work with richard on crossover tpac
    meeting planning and proposal for our tpac calls

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-927 - Work with richard on crossover
    tpac meeting planning and proposal for our tpac calls [on
    Addison Phillips - due 2020-07-16].

miniapp review

    Bert: spec is very small, will be interesting later
    ... note about i18n aspects to come later

    <xfq> [25]https://w3c.github.io/miniapp/specs/packaging/#i18n

      [25] https://w3c.github.io/miniapp/specs/packaging/#i18n

    addison: call at CR transition
    ... transitioning to WG?

    richard: discussion of process in AB
    ... CG documents might be "fully baked"
    ... kind of like old last call model
    ... want to ensure that this group doesn't follow that path

    addison: file an issue asking for i18n considerations?

    <scribe> ACTION: Bert: file an issue against miniapp packaging
    asking after i18n plans

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-928 - File an issue against miniapp
    packaging asking after i18n plans [on Bert Bos - due
    2020-07-16].

    fuqiao: have the URI/IRI/URL issue

    addison: that's right

    <xfq> [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/934

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/934

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix: send URI/IRI/URL issue to WG

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-929 - Send uri/iri/url issue to wg
    [on Felix Sasaki - due 2020-07-16].

alternate text for geolocation API

    <atsushi> [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/941

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/941

    atsushi: had a review last week. see issue ^^

    richard: looks okay to me

    addison: indicate why we're concerned: we usually expect
    lang/dir metadata or support for localization, but not needed
    this time?

    richard: just added a comment based on your comment

    <Bert> +1

    <atsushi> +1

    addison: any opposed to forwarding the issue incorporating
    richard's proposal?

    +1

    <fsasaki> +1

    <r12a> +1

    <JcK> +1

    RESOLUTION: forward issue 941 to geolocation including
    richard's comment

HTML input type=email: what to do?

    [28]https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

      [28] https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

    jck: added more comments
    ... I think they should be checking for @
    ... otherwise danger of ratholing slash finding dragons

    addison: I agree and think it agrees with whatwg ethos
    ... expect non-ASCII characters to be permitted

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: reply to whatwg 4562 (input
    type=email) with sense of I18N WG

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-930 - Reply to whatwg 4562 (input
    type=email) with sense of i18n wg [on Addison Phillips - due
    2020-07-16].

LTLI

    [29]https://w3c.github.io/ltli/

      [29] https://w3c.github.io/ltli/

    addison: (introduces changes)

    homework for two weeks hence

    felix: on the RDF topic, at some point we want to point to LTLI
    ... don't have much in there related to RDF

    <xfq>
    [30]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020J
    ul/0003.html

      [30] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Jul/0003.html

    <scribe> ... new PR this morning

    <xfq> [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/issues/13

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/issues/13

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix: reply to RDF via our i18n-dicuss issue
    13

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-931 - Reply to rdf via our
    i18n-dicuss issue 13 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2020-07-16].

    <fsasaki> [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/issues/13 is
    the related issue

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/issues/13

whither webex? zoom or chime

    (well this seems to work?)

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: update teleconference joining links
    etc. on MO page

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-932 - Update teleconference joining
    links etc. on mo page [on Richard Ishida - due 2020-07-16].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: reply to whatwg 4562 (input type=email)
    with sense of I18N WG
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: work with richard on crossover tpac
    meeting planning and proposal for our tpac calls
    [NEW] ACTION: Bert: file an issue against miniapp packaging
    asking after i18n plans
    [NEW] ACTION: Felix: reply to RDF via our i18n-dicuss issue 13
    [NEW] ACTION: Felix: send URI/IRI/URL issue to WG
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: update teleconference joining links etc.
    on MO page

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [33]forward issue 941 to geolocation including richard's
        comment

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 9 July 2020 15:38:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 9 July 2020 15:38:08 UTC